I'm still here.
This pic is just weird -- a little disturbing, with a nice touch of cuteness and some demonic element. Animals with human heads, or humanized qualities, were a favorite way to picture the work of the devil. Or if you go further back, just plain supernatural. Shamans' helpers were animals or insects of all kinds, psychopomps delivering them (the shamans) into the realms beyond the physical.
- a group of squirrels is called a "dray". (as in "a flock")
- squirrels are associated with Fire and the East
- in Norse mythology a red squirrel lives in the World Tree. He is a messenger carrying people's words and thoughts between the realms
- in Native American traditions, the squirrel symbolizes trust
- if you see a squirrel on Valentines' Day, you will marry a cheapskate who will hoard all your money (hahaha)